Thursday, June 13, 2013

Control Bar

by Nikopolidis

Amongst the things that you could modify on the V1 Bar, I'd also add the grip form the bar. After hours and hours on the water doing handle-passes or just free riding, I really had some bad injuries. I modified the grip as follow : 

- 1 layer on each side of "Tennis Surgrip"* **
* This is not waterproof and won't last if you don't add something on top of it
** you will need to buy 2 of those - one for each side (80cm long/each).

- Once the layers of surgrip are in place, add some "Hockey Tape" on top of it. 
* You can find those on Amazon.com or at ypur Hockey rink shop... (and don't tell me you don;t have any closeby. I live in Dubai and there are two )
http://www.amazon.com/Proguard-Elite-Mu ... ockey+tape

Overall results : 

Much softer sensation (very similar to the new grip on the F-one Bar) which will save you blisters on your thumbs after a long day out. 

Hope it helps

Nick


No comments:

Post a Comment