Monday, April 08, 2013

Review of Method V2 - 7m

By Telekiter

http://switchkites.com/headquarters/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2217


So guys and gals. I had the new Method 7 V2 out for the first time this weekend. Our surf season has not begun yet so i was out on the snow covered ice for about 2 hours.

So this is me:
90 kg, been riding since 2002 both snow and water.

Conditions: Cloudy, wind around 18-21 knots, very stable wind, and about 0 degrees celsius. surface was ice with hardpacked snow so good gripp under the alpine skiis.

The kite felt realy nice in the air turning was nice and comfortably fast using a switch bar in "long mode* = 52 cm. Tis kite is very powerfull for its size. Almost regretting not buying a 6 m instead. The kite drifted realy well when going off wind and it felt very stable in the air, although it was very stable windconditions so not a realy good test for stability. Realy impressive up wind performance (i would easily outrun my mate on his Slingshot REV 9, 2009 on the up wind leg). Re-launch was nice and fast, pull on steering line and it would just turn over and re-launch with no issues, realy good. Bar pressure was to my big, big, surprise not high at all!! I have the Element 9 and 13 and for my big kite the Blade Fat Lady. I´m a true office rat and does no workout at all and on this session I was using skiing gloves. I rode for 2 hours and was perfectly fine and felt nothing in my forearms. Bar pressur was set to lowed pressure setting and I would rate is as just a bit higher (but not much) then the Element. Remember it was about 20 knots and because of the hardpack snow conditions I had to de-power the kite a lot to hold it.

Quality is as with the Elements very good. And props to the design team for making that "bar pouch" in the bag. It is realy nice to just stuff down the bar in the bag with no worries of damaging the kite. The bag is off good size (many kites today have to small bags IMHO). and it is just very easy to get the kite back into the bag, very good!

Time will tell about the bar pressure when I get on the water, because I will use it it in higher winds then yeasterday. I´ve been out on the Element 13, on the water, in much more wind then we had yesterday.

Very excited so far and looking forward for the surfseason now.

No comments:

Post a Comment