Friday, April 12, 2013

Review of Element 7

By Samuel Delcominette

http://switchkites.com/headquarters/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2043

Hi Guys, 
If it could help, you will also find my review of the Element 7. 

Rider : 22 years old, 70kg. 

I made 50 sessions with the Element 7 in South of France (strong and gusty wind)

and in Netherland (winter conditions: 35kts and more or wave conditions: 25kts). 

This kite allowed me to make a lot of progress in a first time. Light bar pressure

could be a little disturbing at the beginning (especially when you jump), but it is
also something reassuring and comfortable in strong wind. After a couple of
session, you do not think about it anymore and just have fun.... Light bar
pressure is also something I appreciate in waves conditions. In addition to that
point, Element is great in waves conditions because the kite goes by himself in
the good place in the wind window. 

That reaches me to another good point : this is a very multi style kite. This is a

good kite to make free ride, also fun in wave riding (even if Method sounds 
better for it) and free style is also possible. 

In the winter, I took the opportunity to test the kite in strong wind. I notice 

that the control of the kite stays perfect, and stability two. However, the limit 
of the Element 7 is reached if you try to move upwind in very strong wind : 
the kite lost a bit of its stability but this is something reasonable comparing 
with other kite. The solution is to place the trim in quite full power position, to 
avoid depower position, and then, to move upwind. 

About the construction, this kite is simply (quite) perfect: launching it is a 

real pleasure (fast and simple) and I am very happy of appearance of the kite
after 50 sessions. (I stress that I wash it regularly (after 10 sessions more or 
less)). Just be careful : the univalve cause damages to your kite when you put 
it on the bag ... Switch put a patch on the kite to protect it but I think this 
patch is not sufficient. That is why I put a towel (the same like to do the 
washing up !) between the valve and the kite before putting the kite into his 
bag. Trust me, it is simple and it then, no more damages ! 

If you want to appreciate our Belgian hard conditions, you can watch this video 

on You Tube. 

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpCufpkQ ... e=youtu.be

A last point: I offer to beginners the opportunity to test Element 7 and their 

first kite impressions were (and mine too) very enthusiastic. I recommend this 
kite for beginners (easy relaunch, stability and strong construction). The bar 
depower is good and safe even if if the release system could be improved on 
two points : one : the kite continues to tract you on the water after releasing 
and the release system is quite difficult to refit after releasing. 

Finally, let me thank Switch a lot ! Switch has created the Element and makes 

me very happy :-)

Cheers !


Samuel Delcominette 
Switch Kites Team Rider - Belgium - Element 7 & Nitro V2 12

No comments:

Post a Comment