Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nitro 16V2 Review

Postby drwack » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:42 pm 
on Switch Kites forum
Hello,

The Nitro II 16m was the first kite I purcahsed from Switch. My goal was to have something I could ride every day of the summer sea-breeze which will blow anything from 8-16. I am a 75kg rider with both an older 2010 model race board and a 135 TT. Racing is my goal but I need to get the basics on tacking and gybing a directional before I head back home (San Francisco). 

With a day or two practice I could fly the kite in 8 knots and ride the race board, 10 knots for the TT. I find myself flying the 16m in up to 14 knots on the race board, I can ride it in more but it pulls hard and makes the upwinds really tiring. If the breeze passes 14 I ride in an grab the TT to burn around on and launch into the air with, back rolls on it are a dream.

If you do want to get out in the light stuff the 16m Nitro is a great kite. My range on it at 75kg is 8-16knots, a bit more if on a TT and you like to be POWERED. A better rider could fly it in lower winds with long lines, I am just not there quite yet.
___________________________________________________________
Taylor Chittick - Team Rider - Nitro II - Tauranga, NZ and San Francisco, CA, US

No comments:

Post a Comment